Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/09

Today on my way to work, I saw an accident. As I sat there in a long line of traffic, I thought about how fortunate we are to have individuals that come to help us in our time of need. Often they are putting their own lives at risk and yet do it anyway. In healthcare we have many people that put other’s needs before their own. In this time of so many shouting that we have a broken system and nothing works, sometimes it does. I know that if I had been in that accident I would have been thankful that the paramedics, firefighters and police officers had been there. Once they took my injured body to the nearest hospital, I would have been thankful that the ER cared for me and if I needed immediate surgery that they would have been there for me.
Today on this day when we remember the fallen; I am personal thankful for all of those that are there caring for the sick and injured.

Thank you to all in the medical and emergency services for the job that you do everyday!

No comments: